40 Things I Love From : Up in the Air (2009)
As part of Inspired Ground‘s 3rd year anniversary, I want to feature 40 things I love from the movie that encourage me to blog about movies; Up in the Air (2009). This post should be posted on birthday week, but I can only manage to do it now (sorry for the lateness!). I just bought the dvd two weeks ago (I should buy it earlier, but better late than never 😀 ). I saw the deleted scenes from the bonus feature, and I honestly think they shouldn’t delete it from the original release! Some reviews said that the movie felt divided, Ryan Bingham’s character in first and second half is different. Well, the deleted scenes explained more about his life transition. I’m going to stop since I don’t want to spoil any plot endings. Let’s start of reasons why I love this movie :
1. The Opening Title Up in the Air have a lovely opening title that showed different cities in America from the top view, as if you are seeing them from a plane. As it turns out, Shadowplay created the opening credit and they have made 2 other opening films of Jason Reitman; Juno and Thank You for Smoking. The lovely opening title said to be the most challenging one of all three films, and the beauty of it is that you can find it significant in any era.
2. George Clooney It’s excellent to pick Clooney as the lead. He’s altogether Mr. Perfect man, looks good in a suit and seems to handsome to attach to one woman. I’ve never liked him before this movie. Scroll down to know why!
3. Vera Farmiga True, I’ve seen her first time in this movie. Vera has a combination of smart, beauty and toughness that is rare. She also directed her own movie, Higher Ground. Well, she’s one of my favorite actresses above 40 years old, still looks charming and gorgeous.
4. Anna Kendrick Up until now, after seeing her in several roles after this movie, I still think Natalie is her best role. Not only because she’s nominated for Oscar, but she’s natural as Natalie; smart, ambitious, but underneath still fragile and naive.
6. Fashionable Formal Wear Suit and leather shoes. They did show how formal wear is fashionable. Seriously, who wears suit better than Clooney?
7. Smart & To-The-Point Dialogues I’m just not a fan of rambling and long dialogues. Perhaps the job’s field make them to talk straight forward, cause really life will not wait for them.
8. The Quote (1)
Ryan Bingham: You know why kids love athletes?
Bob: Because they screw lingerie models.
Ryan Bingham: No, that’s why we love athletes. Kids love them because they follow their dreams.
9. The Competition Ryan and Natalie both looked ambitious and competent in their job field. You can feel their competition to look the best in office.
10. How Adorable Natalie Cry After Being Dumped After looking tough and intelligent in her office and her work place, she let go of her defense and cries in front of Alex and Ryan